Saturday, April 14, 2012

First Post

First post on a new blog.  I have others, but they're more personal spaces.  This one is a project.

I'm Laura, a hobbyist writer/artist, and I live with my parents.  Yes, it's embarrassing to admit, but this is a "lean into the vulnerability" kind of project, so I may as well tell you straight off.

And my parents and I own a lot of stuff.  It's not that we're wealthy, mind, it's just the stuff we've accumulated, and we're into "no organizational system can help you put 200 marbles in a soup can" territory.  Hoarding might be overstating it a little.  Might.

These various objects can be a challenge, firstly because there are just so many, and also often because they have beauty, or history, or something, to at least one of us.  They're a lot to deal with, but also a lot to explore, a lot to express.  It's called "working with what you have."

And so, I'm starting this blog to explore some of the things we own, the good, the bad, and the ugly, where they came from, what significance they have, where they're going now, and along the way to explore where I've come from and where I might be going, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment